Monday, March 7, 2016

The Horrible Thing That Wasn't That Bad

One time, maybe 5 years ago, my family went on a trip to Hawaii. We were there for winter break. We were staying on the 5th floor. I was going back up to our room with my 2 older sisters. I was riding piggyback on my sister Maya, who was about 16 at that time. She had her own phone, an old one that flipped out. Definitely not a touch screen iphone. Because of the great weather, the hallways between the elevator and the rooms were open air. While I was trying to get down off my sisters back, I accidentally kicked her phone. It went sprawling and slipped under the crack between the railing and the floor. It teetered, teetered, and eventually fell. It dropped 5 floors. We all rushed down to recover the phone, expecting it to be shattered. When we finally found it, there was no damage. It had fallen into a group of flowers, cushioning its fall. Thank goodness!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! What a moment! Teetering is such a great word, full of anxiety and the potential for disaster.

    ReplyDelete